In the control computer, close to the receiver, instead of RadioUniversePRO, the “RadioUniversePRO SERVER” (Server license) is installed with antenna/frontend/backend control: a version with no graphical interface but more power than standard RadioUniversePRO that controls all SPIDER components, like:
- Network manager software, for acquired data and control pipelines
- Control software, as process supervisor
In the remote computer:
- “RadioUniversePRO TEACHER” software that can perform any SPIDER radio telescope operation: controls antenna/frontend/backend and operate in “tutor” mode over other “students” client, get the recorded data and process them.
- “RadioUniversePRO STUDENT” (available starting Spring 2020), with an easier interface that are allowed not to use the radio telescope but to get the recorded data and process them.
“RadioUniversePRO TEACHER” and “RadioUniversePRO STUDENT” have also processing capabilities (available starting Autumn 2020):
- Total Power Processing: calibrated data reduction, antenna gain calculation and normalization, radiometric baseline fitting and images profiles calibration for scans, spatial filtering, antenna beam models definitions and deconvolution of recorded data.
- Spectral Processing: calibrated data reduction, data weighting, dedopplering and spectral re-aligning, long-integration, spectrometric baseline fitting, spatial filters on spectra