INTREPID 300-5 3.0m ground station antenna system for L/S-band: main features
- INTREPID 300-5 3.0m ground station antenna system for L/S-band: the compact and affordable solution for space communication.
- WEB300-5 3 meter diameter prime focus antenna with special designed front and rear supports.
- GS-100II weatherproof alt-az antenna tracking system with N-ACU Next generation Antenna Control Unit: connected to Control Room with a standard network cable up to 100 meters long, thanks to the optional MoF (Mount-over-Fiber) kit, you can position the antenna even further by replacing the network cable with a dedicated optical fiber that can be up to 2km long.
- C106-HEAVY high load capacity pier for concrete base: designed to keep the radio telescope permanently installed in the field.
- High antenna slewing speed, now up to 2°/sec for each axis, that improves data acquisition time during antenna use and integrated safety system with emergency stop button (optional light and audio signals).
- Industrial-Grade temperature working range: INTREPID 300-5 antenna and tracking system is able to work in environments with temperatures from -25°C to +55°C
- Provided with developer documentation to integrate in Mission Control softwares
Thanks to specially developed technologies, INTREPID ground station antenna systems can be used to support spacecraft exploration and satellite missions in Earth orbit. This ground station antenna system can be used, by adding receivers or transceivers not included with INTREPID, to record telemetry data transmitted to Earth from spacecraft or perform radio science. INTREPID ground station antenna systems have very precise tracking systems that allow accurate tracking of spacecraft, using high directivity antennas – this reduces background noise helping to detect faint signals from spacecraft. INTREPID ground station antenna systems are remotely operated to control antenna position, to detect even the faintest signals.
WEB300-5: the 3 meter prime focus parabolic antenna
In order to create a powerful but still compact, easy to handle ground station antenna system, we developed the WEB300-5 antenna that, thanks to 3 meters diameter and fine metallic mesh construction, provides a large collection surface with a low overall weight. Special rear supports maintain the rigidity of the whole parabolic antenna on the mount, avoiding any bending and ensuring the effectiveness of the pointing system. This also helps to maintain an optimal parabolic shape with a maximum error of less than lambda/20. The antenna is shipped divided in 4 parts and it’s easy to assemble. Thanks to specially designed unlock system, you can easily remove the antenna from the tracking system if you want to store it (for example if you want to store it in case of extreme weather conditions).
GS-100II: the weatherproof antenna tracking system
INTREPID 300-5 3.0m ground station antenna system for L/S-band does not use an amateur radio antenna rotator, but the GS-100II antenna tracking system that we have specially designed and built to be more robust, precise and reliable. Equipped with N-ACU electronics (Next generation Antenna Control Unit) integrated in the tracking system, it offers target high resolution automatic frame and track, advanced remote control features, efficient monitoring and operational analysis of all components of the antenna tracking system. The GS-100II antenna tracking system has a 100 Kg load capacity and encoders with a read resolution of 0,0015°. It can also be equipped with a special electronic security system (optional) which “parks” the antenna pointed at the Zenith (the vertical position where it is safely locked) when the wind exceeds 50 Km/h, offering the lowest resistance to the wind.
C106-HEAVY: the high load capacity pier
The 3 meter diameter antenna, for its large diameter, can generate a lot of force on the ground – When combined with the weight of the GS-100II tracking system, a very stable and robust anchoring system is required. The C106-HEAVY pier offers all of these features, and is designed to keep the INTREPID 300-5 ground station antenna system permanently installed in the field. The INTREPID 300-5 and the C106-HEAVY pier are designed to be installed on a reinforced concrete base, fixed by means of special high strength bolts. Along with the installation and operation manuals for the ground station antenna system, an example of concrete base design (that the user has to prepare to install the INTREPID 300-5 and that he has to verify based on terrain type of the ground station antenna system installation location) is supplied.
INTREPID 300-5 3.0m ground station antenna system for L/S-band: dimensions
INTREPID 300-5 3.0m ground station antenna system for L/S-band: specifications
- Antenna diameter (m): 3.0
- Antenna type: Prime focus
- Feed: not included
- Working frequency: up to 5 GHz
- Azimuth max Velocity: 2 deg/s
- Elevation max Velocity: 2 deg/s
- Encoders read resolution: 0,0015°
- Weatherproof: Yes
- Operating Altitude: 3000m max, above 1000m derating of 1%/100m
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to +55°c
- Continuous wind speed for operational tracking: 50 km/h
- Maximum wind speed in stow position: 150 km/h
- Weight: 350 kg
- Supply voltage: 100-240V AC
- Emergency stop switch
INTREPID 300-5 3.0m ground station antenna system for L/S-band: site preparations
INTREPID 300-5 ground station antenna system is designed to be installed on a concrete base with an underground duct connecting the antenna to control room that the customer has to prepare before the installation (suggested design is provided in the INTREPID 300-5 user manual). The image below shows cables and connections that are needed to connect antenna external unit to the control room. Power and grounding systems are needed and they have to be provided by the customer.
INTREPID 300-5 3.0m ground station antenna system for L/S-band: optional accessories
- Mount-over-Fiber kit for INTREPID ground station antenna system: it allows to remotely control the antenna tracking system from very long distances by replacing the network cable with a dedicated optical fiber that can be up to 2km long.
- Internal cooling system: suggested in case of climatic conditions with very high temperatures, if the internal temperature in the antenna tracking system head exceeds +55°C (can be installed only when ordering, it is not possible to add it later).
- Wind sensor for INTREPID ground station antenna system: it allows to continuously read the speed and direction of the wind for safety reasons: this way, if the wind speed exceeds the safety speed, the antenna system is automatically moved in a safe position with the antenna pointing the Zenith, thus reducing the wind load on the antenna.
- C106-HEAVY-F pier with legs: it allows you to use INTREPID 300-5 ground station antenna system without the need to fix it on a concrete base, thanks to the specially designed legs. C106-HEAVY-F pier with legs weights 200 kg, it’s designed to allow operation of a 3 meter diameter parabolic antenna.
INTREPID ground station antenna system: much more than an antenna
INTREPID ground station antenna system is the result of 10 years in research by PrimaLuceLab engineering team that designs, develops, assembles and tests in-house all our antenna systems. This way INTREPID ground station antenna system provide unmatched performance by standard off-the-shelf antennas that are not designed for space communication: better tracking and pointing precision, higher sensitivity, better engineering quality and great italian design!
Since we create INTREPID ground station antenna systems in our factory in Italy, you can take advantage of the direct relation with the us that are the real antenna system manufacturer. Our pre-sale service can help you in everything you may need before your antenna system order. Our post-sale support can provide you with updates for hardware and software products that we specifically develop for our antenna systems. Our internal team of trained technicians is also able to install INTREPID at your location, all around the World!